LOOKING TO COLLABORATE?
Want to make a podcast or audio series? Alongside our broadcast work, The Space Company makes podcasts [audio] series and bespoke original content for not-for-profits, organisations, entities and people, like you! We can manage all aspects of production and work with you, each step of the way, to realise your story. Because that's what we do best - make stories.
CONCEPT & DESIGN
We'll work with you to help define your podcast [audio] series or original content - the story, the sound, the experience, whatever the format. From interview programs, panel shows, documentaries with music and recordings from the field, we can make it all happen.
We can research, write, wrangle talent, coordinate a production schedule, undertake audio editing, sound design, mixing... basically all aspects of the production process... and we work with you to make ads that don't sound like ads [just ask!].
DISTRIBUTION & PROMOTION
We want as many people as possible to hear you and experience your story. So, we'll offer you best practice advice on how to distribute and promote your content. Scroll down for more info on why podcasting is becoming an invaluable tool to communicate your story.
The latest podcast research in Australia [conducted by ABC Audience Insights Survey 2016] reveals that:
- 60% of respondents listened to a podcast within the last week (rising to 74% for 14-34s)
- People listen to an average of 5.5 podcasts per week
- 1 in 3 respondents spend between 1-3 hours listening to podcasts / week
- An average of 80% claim to listen the whole way
- Weekday: Early Evening & Evening are the most common listening times (particularly amongst 14-34s)
- Weekend: Afternoons is the most common listening times
- Most common listening location is at home, with smartphones being the preferred listening method.
According to the Telsyte Australian Digital Consumer Study, 2016, 9.5 million Australians [40% of the population] are expected to listen to podcasts over the next 12 months - that's more than triple the amount [13% of the population] from the previous year.
But please don't take our word for it - check out 11 Critical Podcast Statistics [Edison Research, 2017] to find out why podcasting is booming in the USA, the UK and other parts of the world.